PGM’s Fund Minor Grants – Twenty One Yorkshire Organisations Share £30,000 Easter Masonic Windfall
Twenty-one community organisations across Yorkshire have shared a £30,370 Easter masonic windfall.
The Province of Yorkshire West Riding – which encompasses the geographical area of South and West Yorkshire, and parts of North and East Yorkshire – has given grants ranging from £500 to £3,520 to worthy causes including grassroots sports clubs, schools, hospitals and clubs for the young and old alike,
The grants have come from the Provincial Grand Master’s (PGM) Fund, which are presented on a quarterly basis, with each recipient being nominated by individual Masonic Lodges across the region.
Each year, the PGM’s Fund presents grants totalling £200,000 to assist organisations across the country.
Those to benefit this quarter include:
• Meltham & Meltham Mills Band received £3,520 re place one of three tenor horns
• Bradford Cathedral, which has been awarded £1,230 to install an automated external defibrillator for use by those who use the cathedral or anybody nearby
• Huddersfield-based Global Diversity Positive Action – a charity set up to help people not in employment, education or training – has been gifted £1,000 to buy five laptop computers
• Harrogate & District NHS Foundation Trust Palliative Care and Charitable Fund was given £1,300 to buy 300 comfort bags for relatives to make their stay in hospital more comfortable
• Rotherham Hospice has received a grant of £830 to buy a set of garden chairs and table to be used by patients and visitors in the outdoor area
David S Pratt, The Provincial Grand Master of the Province of Yorkshire West Riding, said: “Assisting community led initiatives and projects is incredibly important to the Freemasons.
“This quarter, we have been able to give grants to 21 worthy causes, nominated by members of lodges within our Province.
“Charity is one of the three great principles that our order is founded on, and it is very much at the heart of what we do here throughout Yorkshire.”
For the full list of recipients, please download the document below:
Freemasons minor grants news release April 2018
Posted in Charity News on April 8th, 2018 by Robin Misra