West Riding Masonic Charities CHOICES Initiative
What is it?
An initiative of West Riding Masonic Charities Ltd designed to replace, expand and enhance the emergency grant scheme currently available to Brethren throughout the Masonic Province of Yorkshire, West Riding.
What does it cover?
West Riding Masonic Charities Ltd is committed to provide assistance;
- whenever a Brother, his family or dependants are in financial distress;
- have an urgent need or
- other immediate and pressing necessities.
CHOICES aims to assist those elderly, disabled, lonely or vulnerable West Riding Freemasons, their family or dependants to live independently in their own homes for as long as possible by providing:-
- a programme of urgent minor repairs, small adaptations and general home maintenance through an approved handyperson service.
- assist with short term respite and convalescent care.
- it will also provide short term help and support with health and social care needs i.e. transport costs to appointments, assistance with specialist equipment etc.
- identification and alleviation of loneliness.
West Riding Masonic Charities Ltd Care and Support Officers can provide assistance and advice to Lodge Almoners in order to identify and suggest the most effective and appropriate assistance to maximise a beneficiary’s support network.
Visit http://www.choices-wrmcl.org or call 08449 02 02 20
Posted in Charity News on October 27th, 2015 by David Clough